6.22.2011

Summer Fun!

Well, I still can't get my pictures uploaded so I will just give a quick run down of what we have been up to so far this summer.  Hopefully I can add pictures later.  I just don't want to forget anything, it already seems like a blur! 

Memorial weekend - spent in NP hanging out at home, went to Jeffrey Lake to Luke's parents house on the Sunday.  It was so fun, as usual!  The weather was cold, but we still had fun just hanging out and eating lots of good food!!  We also were part of a garage sale on that Friday, and had a friends wedding in NP on that Saturday. 

Date Night! - We left Brynlee with her first babysitter one night (and Gradyn) and Paul and I went to a movie with 2 other couples.  We saw The Hangover 2, which we thought was really funny, and it was awesome to find great babysitters to use in the future! 

Jazzercise - I have been going to Jazzercise every morning.  It was the perfect solution for me to start exercising again and that has babysitting to take the kids to for that hour.  And, it is perfect for me to jump back into working out after the c-section and after not working out for almost 10 months due to Miss Brynlee making me sick.  It feels so good to be back in it and I do really like Jazzercise and the full body workout.  The kids to great at the child care too!  Grady had a tough first day and even ended up crying until he threw up, which is typical for him and his temper....  But ever since then he has done great! 

Weekend in Sidney - We went to visit Ashley in Sidney for a weekend.  We went to the circus, ate out, played at the park, went to the pool, went to chuch, hung out, watched a movie, and of course a trip to Cabela's.  It was fun!

Children's museum's - We went to Kearney to meet Becky and the boys at the children's museum with my friend Andrea and her 3 kids, Tayten, Addilyn, & Braislee.  I had Addilyn in my class last year, Braislee and Gradyn go to the same daycare, and Andrea teaches first grade with me and is one of my best friends so they all know each other well.  Oh, and Becky taught Tayten piano too!  We are all connected.  :)  The kids had a lot of fun AND we had an awesome lunch at Valentino's AND great shopping afterwards! 
We also met Andy, Cassie, Luke & Isaac at the Lincoln Children's museum last Friday.  More fun playing!  We have only been to the NP children's museum once this summer!  We are slacking there. 

Playgroup - my group of school girls has been meeting once a week to get together to chat while our kids play!  It has been awesome!  We have lunched, played at the park, played out at Andrea's house, and did the Kids Costume Parade together.  It is so nice to chat with adults and break up our day! 

BBQ's - One weekend we had 4 different BBQ's.  Lots of fun, except for Grady being embarrassingly naughty!  Seriously....like the type of naughty when you don't want to claim him as your child... 

Wedding - We traveled to Wateroo, Iowa (8 hours from NP, even more the way we took so we could go to Pender first) for Paul's cousin Brianna's wedding.  Very fun weekend!  Brynlee traveled AWESOME!  Luckily for the girls, she was in the girls car!  The 3 little boys went in the boys car and they were not so lucky from what I hear, again mostly because of Grady.  Why is he so much more difficult than all the other kids his age???  I'm hoping Brynlee's good behavior will teach him some day!  ha!  The wedding was very pretty and good to see family.  Grady ran and ran and ran and ran outside of the reception room, he would not stay in it and kept running way off, so we didn't really get to enjoy the first few hours of the reception (to the point where I was ready to leave b/c it was pointless to even be there), but once the dance started he was a little better and of course LOVED the dance!  I wonder if Brynlee will be as in to music and dancing as he is!  He has all of his CD's and DVD's memorized and even knows what comes next on every one.  He knows all of the dance moves on his Wiggles DVD's and shows them off very often.  :)

We are pretty much on the go all day long!  I purposely made it that way for my sanity!  Especially with Grady being as challenging as he has been this summer.  We have only been to the pool a handful of times due to the rainy/cold weather!  Hopefully July brings lots more pool days!  It is a challenge at times with both of them, but as long as Grady is "caged" in the baby pool area it helps a lot.  I just hope Brynlee will nap and try to keep her out of the sun.  She doesn't mind the water though, the few times I have dipped her in.  Grady still loves the water and is a little fish!  The only challenge is to keep him from running into the locker room, big pool, parking lot, basically anywhere he isn't supposed to go he will!  That is why we need his "cage" and even then he stands there and tries to open it or waits for people to go in or out so he can escape.  Oh, the joys of a naughty little boy!  hee hee! :)

Pictures coming soon, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment