10.15.2011

Love Love Love

I so love this video of my 2 Lovey's.  I love how B is smiling and laughing with him, and I love how G says "cheese" at the beginning and end.  I took this after he had been singing her songs and playing Patty Cake with her for awhile  He is always at her side talking to her, singing to her, playing with her, wishing she would talk back to him. She is pretty much always asleep by 8:00 every night, which G gets annoyed with b/c he wants to play with her!  If he is downstairs while she goes to bed he comes up and asks me where she is and then says, "No I want to play with Brynlee, I don't want her to go to bed!"  He is seriously such a good big brother.  It is awesome.  And, such a relief since he is so crazy in so many ways!  It will be his dream come true when she can actually run around and play with him someday! 

Awesome story:

At Brynlee's 6 month check up G got his flu shot and B got her 6 month shots and then her flu shot also.  We were a little nervous with G getting a shot b/c he hasn't had one since he is old enough to know what is going on so I knew we were going to have to do some good sweet talking to get him revved up for it.  Well, luckily he saw a bandaid while we were waiting in the doctor's office and wanted the bandaid.  So, I had some quick thinking, and told him that he WILL get a bandaid b/c he is going to get a shot and you get a bandaid after you get shots!  Well, he was SUPER excited then!  He was yelling at the nurse who kept popping in and out, every time she would leave the room he would yell, "Wait!  I need my bandaid!"  So, he was excited to get it.  We had him do his shot first so he wouldn't see B crying and getscared.  He did okay as I put him up on the table, I pretty much just laid his bottom on the table while he clung to my neck b/c he was scared to lay down.  He mostly just said "Ouchy Ouchy!" over and over as the nurse was giving it until it turned into crying/screaming.  He was a little excited about his band aid, but mostly still clinging to me.  As I was comforting him, it was B's turn to get her shots.  As soon as he heard her start crying he sat up (although still crying himself), and wanted to go over to comfort B!  It was SO CUTE!  He was laying over her, through his tears telling her "It's okay Brynlee, I'm right here.  It's ouchy for a little bit then you will get a band aid!"  So.Adorable.
Of course, B cried for like 1/4 of the time G did....  :)  And she got 3 shots....
He was a little jealous that B had 3 bandaids and he only had 1. 

Unfortunately G was sick for a few days last week, which we are wondering is a reaction to his flu shot.  He is finally back to his old self.  Although still demanding medicine.  He only had it like 3 times the whole time he was sick, but now he thinks he loves it.  He was faking sick the other night so he could try to get some.  "Mommy I'm gonna puke."  "(fake coughs) see, I cough."  Didn't work...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment