12.19.2011

Dang It!

Well I'm already a week behind on my goal of blogging once a week!!  The time just gets away from me! 

But, get ready for some Grady & Brynlee picture awesomeness!!!  Very soon.  We had their pictures taken a couple weeks ago and they turned out AWESOME!!  I was very worried about how it would go.  Especially at 3:00 in the afternoon, which is normally when G would be napping....for 4 hours.  But, we had Kellan put him down early that day so he would at least get a somewhat good nap in before pictures.  And, Brynlee had also taken a pretty good nap, so that worked in our favor!! They both did awesome! 
Grady, of course, had to be the comedian and think he was hilarious to get out of the poses she had him in, as soon as she walked away.  Oh he thought he was SO funny!  Which, was annoying to mom and dad...
Brynlee was sweet and smiley like usual!  My only dislike of her is that her hair is at such a hard length right now!  It is too long for a headband to look good without hairs sticking out everywhere or bunching up.  But, it is too thin for clips or barettes to stay in.  So, her hair looks funny in many pics, but everything else looked good! 

I'm going to wait to post them until after Christmas and all of our Christmas cards are out!  Sorry, no sneak peaks!  :)
I am WAY behind this year.  I normally have everything done and out by the first week in December, but we couldn't get in to do our pictures until Dec. 8, so I'm doing them as fast as I can!  I don't like this feeling though!  I tend to do everything WAY in advance as fast as possible and this is killing me!  We keep getting such cute pictures and letters in the mail and I LOVE getting them!  It is a race to the mailbox every day!!  :)

What else we've been up to:
Last weekend we were at home all weekend.  It was so nice!  We went to the Zoo to the Winter Zoobilee event they had.  We met our friends Tyler, Anslee & Harper.  Grady loved it, as usual!  We got to ride the train, 2 times!  And the camels were back out!!  No penguins though....he made sure to tell everyone that...
Then on Sunday I went to the Best Christmas Pageant Ever at the Community Playhouse with Doris and my Aunt Lori & Aunt Shari.  It was SUPER good!  Such a fun Christmasy thing to do too!! 

This last weekend we had Paul's work Christmas party on Friday night.  Then on Saturday we had the Houtwed Christmas party in Grand Island.  It was a really fun time!  Lots of great food, funny stuff during present opening, and my Grandma Marlene got the new car she has ordered from Arizona. 

Yesterday we discovered our new hobby.  Well, our once a month awesome routine we are going to do!  Paul's parents have a Sams Club business owner membership and they added us to their account.  (Which I'm super bummed that we didn't think of doing when we first moved to Lincoln.)  So, we went to Sams!  I love it there!  I know, it is weird.  But, I always find such good things that you can't get other places!  I'm not a huge fan of buying in bulk b/c typically we don't have the room to store it and I am a person who can't handle a lot of clutter/stuff.  My fridge/cupboards need to be orderly and in place....  So, I don't necessarily buy a lot of bulk items (except diapers, wipes, baby food) but I just love a lot of the different food items they have.  So, it was really fun!  We had both the kids with us and it was lunch time, so the trip got cut shorter than I wanted, but we still couldn't get out of there spending less thatn $300!  It is crazy!  But, I guess we shouldn't need more of the things we got for quite awhile!!! 
Then, after our trip to Sams (which is on the opposite side of town from our house) we went to CiCi's pizza.  Paul loves that place.  I love that G eats free.  And, I love their brownies and breadsticks!  The pizza is just good enough to make it a good place!  :)  So, we decided our once a month Sams trip will also be followed by eating at Cici's Pizza!  There isn't one on our side of town, so we have to live it up while we can. haha!

We are getting super excited about Christmas and the upcoming weekend of celebrating with LOTS of family!  We have 4 different parties we are going to on Sat/Sun so it will be great to get to see everyone!  Everything is done and ready, except for 1 Pinterest project I need to finish up, which actually doesn't need to be done until January 7th, when my family meets for Christmas....So I have time!  :)

This is a picture of Gradyn & Brynlee with my Grandma Marlene from our Houtwed Christmas on Saturday.  I thought it turned out SUPER good!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment