1.17.2012

Baking Day

We did a ton of projects this last weekend!!  Most of them had to do with food/the kitchen!  The best kind!  The kids stayed Friday night/Saturday with Ron and Doris and we got to get a ton of stuff done at home. 

Paul and I made 60 Runzas and 30 Pigs in blankets, also a loaf of bread that we had left over.  We used 30 hotdogs (obviously), 15 loaves of bread, 7 pounds of hamburger, 2 bags of cabbage, 1 bag of mushrooms, an onion, and 3 packages of sliced cheese!  I didn't get any pictures taken of it because we were running late to go meet R&D to pick up the kids.  We literally took the 2nd to last batch of Runzas out of the oven at 4:59 and we needed to leave at 5:00.  The last batch got put in the oven to bake when we got home.  Along with an extra loaf of bread!  The house smelled SO good all day!  Nothing beter than the smell of baking bread!

Then on Sunday morning, Gradyn and I did some baking after church.  (*Note my new pretty yellow mixer in the above picture!) 
We made:  Oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies (a mix from a Christmas gift he gave us from Kellans!), apple/cinnamon muffins, and waffle mix for the waffles we made later that night for supper. 
I also have a great video of  Gradyn telling me what we are doing, but I don't feel like waiting 2 hours for it to upload to blogger....grrr!!  And, I am too lazy right now to get it on youtube...  :)  Maybe someday I will have the time to upload my cute videos here!  hopefully!
I especially loved this baking session picture/video because it portrays how festive we are for lots of holidays at the same time.  He is wearing a Santa apron, he also is wearing a skeleton shirt, and you can see our Valentine placemats on the table in the background.  We celebrate everything all year round!  :)

The other projects I WILL get pictures of as soon as they are completed.  We (and by we, I mean Paul) painted a wall in Gradyn's room AND painted a stripe on it.  He also painted over the stripe in our basement that was a light blue as part of the North Carolina room the previous owners had.  It needs some touching up but already looks sooo awesome!  We also did some redecorating with some pictures/wallhangings and I have been doing a few pinterest projects for the toy room that we also got put up!  I am loving doing all of this!  It's totally making me want to do like a million other projects around the house.  I'm trying to stop for awhile....per Paul's orders...  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment