2.28.2012

Where does he come up with this stuff???

Grady:  (singing happily)  "Hi Ho The Mommio, The Teacher's Not Here!"    When Ashley and I took him swimming at the Y the day after his first swimming lesson, which we left after 15 minutes of screaming and throwing up because he was scared of the teacher and of being away from me. 

I was telling him that I am making a present for a new baby that isn't born yet (isn't out of it's mommy's tummy yet).  This was tricky because the mom's name is Ashley (Paul's cousin), but I didn't want to say Ashley because I knew he would get confused with his Aunt Ashley and think she was having a baby.  I also didn't want to say the new baby's name is going to be Harper because he has a friend named Harper (Tyler & Anslee's daughter) so I knew that would also confuse him if I said it was for Harper. 
Grady:  Mommy, where are we going?
Me:  We are going to Aunt Shari's house to pick something up for a present I'm going to make for a baby.
Grady:  Oh, for Brynlee?
Me:  No, not Brynlee, a different baby.
Grady:  Oh, for Grace?
Me:  No, not for Grace, a different baby that isn't born yet.
Grady:  Mommy!  You have another baby in your tummy??  It is going to be born!  You need to go to the hospital and knock on the door.  They will let you in and put you in a bed and you will lay on the bed and the baby will come out of your tummy!
Me:  No I am NOT having another baby come out of my tummy.  Brynlee already came out, remember?  (Trying to make him get ideas out of his head that he will go to daycare and tell everyone!)  :) 
Grady:  Oh, this is a different baby? 

While going potty in the bathroom, which he pretty much does all by himself now:
Grady yelling:  Mommy, come bring me my Gabba book!  I gotta go poop too!

He had a toy phone drop on his foot and make a scratch.  You would have thought his toe fell off for the amount of drama that surrounded this incident.  He refused to wear socks, have a blanket go over his foot, and showed it to everyone he saw for the first 2 days.... 
We're praying before bed, about an hour after it happend:
Grady:  No Mommy, I can't have covers on my foot, it has a scratch!
Me:  Ok, do you want some socks on your feet to help it feel better?
Grady:  No, I can't have socks, there is a scratch!
Me:  Ok, then let's just pray so you can go to sleep and it will feel better in the morning.
Grady:  Mommmy!  I can't pray!!  I have a scratch on my foot.
Me:  I know you have a scratch.  You need to pray for it to get better.
Grady:  Ok.  Dear God, Please help my foot feel better.  Love, Grady (after some prompting)
Me:  Good job, now let's say our other prayers. 
Grady:  Mommy!!  It's NOT WORKING! 

I got a new keyboard for my iPad and was trying it out.
Grady:  No Mommy, that doesn't go on an iPad.  It's an iPad, not a computer!!
Me:  Yes, it's for the iPad,  it's so I can type letters. 
Grady:  No Mommy No!  Take it off!  I want to play the iPad.
Me:  I'm going to try it out for just a little bit and then you can play it.  Let's find the letters in your name!  (He types the letters in his name.)
Next day: 
Grady:  Mommy I want to use the iPad computer to type my letters in my name.
:)  Now he calles it an iPad computer since I sometimes put the keyboard on it. 

He is obsessed with Super Why.  A show on PBS kids.  He will sit and watch it on my phone or on the iPad all day long if he could.  He calls himself Super Why or Super Grady.  He runs around singing the Super Why song all the time.  He makes up instances where he is needed as Super Why.  I walked into daycare one day and he was fighting with another little boy on if he is Super Why or not.  Super Readers to the Rescue.  The Power to Read.  :) 
Don't worry, he is also still in love with Gabba, The Wiggles, and pretty much anything on Nick Jr.  Especially Backyardigans, Team UmiZoomi, and Wonder Pets. 

He thinks Grandma & Grandpa Guenther have the biggest house in the whole world.  He randomly will tell us that we have a small house and they have a big house.  Andy & Cassie also have a small house.  Lori & Scott have a big house.  We were driving by a country club one day (which is obviously huge) and he asked if it was Gma & Gpas house b/c it looks like it to him! haha!  Pretty much anything that is 2 stories is big to him I guess.  Although Lori and Scott don't have 2 stories, so I have no idea where he gets his measurements from....

Overhearing Luke & Grady talking, after we had heard some whining and bickering between them:
Luke:  You are being naughty!
Grady:  You are being naughty AND I'm being naughty!
Luke:  No, you are being naughty.
Grady:  You were being naughty at Grandma & Grandpa's house too!! 
love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment