3.02.2011

Our "preschooler"

When Grady turned 2 our weekly email updates started saying "your preschooler".  I was so sad when I saw this because I didn't think a 2 year old is considered a preschooler already!  Aren't they still toddlers????  They grow up fast enough already! 

However, since he has turned 2 I can really see how he could be considered a "preschooler".  First of all, he is SO LUCKY to go to such a an awesome daycare!  They do some sort of project every day where he is learning so much!  They cut, glue, color, make crafts, use markers, paint, bake, etc. I was shocked when she told me she had him use glue to make a Dr. Seuss hat this week!  She said she drew a line on the paper and told him to follow it with the glue and he did  really well to glue on the stripes on his hat!  I have NOT been brave enought to try projects like that at home, let alone use glue!  They have also been working on using scissors to cut small lines and strengthen their hands.  I LOVE that they do all of those things! 

Like I have said before Grady is obsessed with songs and sings all the time.  He can probably sing 10 or more songs from start to finish and knows most of a lot of others.  He pretty much never shuts up.  It is so fun now to hear him walk/run around singing his songs, or when he doesn't even realize he is doing it when he is playing. 

AND FINALLY, his newest accomplishments that he loves to tell us all the time are:
  He can count to 11 and He can say the whole Alphabet by himself!!! 
Oh, and he also knows the letter G and can write it himself (not perfect looking of course)!!
And, he official knows the colors:  Blue, Yellow, Red, and Orange.  For everything else he always says Yellow.  I guess it is really fun to say! 

So, I guess using the phrase "preschooler" for him is more fitting than I thought.  Next step:  Working on recognizing more letters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment