6.11.2012

30th Birthday Month! :)

Well, it was my 30th Birthday on May 22nd.  I think we succesfully partied the whole month!  Yippee! 

It started with a small party when Ashley was in town, the first weekend of May.  She brought this awesome shoe cake from Sidney, the same lady who has made cakes for us in the past.  We went out to eat with my Aunts and then went back for cake and a mini party with the kids and everyone else. 
This cake was so sweet!  The shoe was awesome! 









So, it was my birthday 'wish' to go out to eat every night of my birthday!  No cooking, no cleaning up, and eating at my fave places (or places we haven't been in years)!  It was great!  Although I do have to admit, that I was sick of it by the end of the week because it's a lot more work with the kids and takes a lot more time to go out instead of eating at home.  But, I tried to ignore that fact and bask in the glory of eating out.  And, it is our summer goal to only eat out once a week, so it was nice to go out in style....  :)

I have pictures on my phone of some of our birthday week eating out, which I will get uploaded at some point, but for now you will just have to picture it in your head.... 

Sunday - Amigos (we went on a walk and it was a last minute decision to eat there on our walk...)
Monday - Spaghetti Works
Tuesday - Lazlos!  (The actual day of my Bday!  We went with some of my family.)
Wednesday - Cheesecake Factory!  (We went to Omaha to meet some of Paul's family to celebrate.)
Thursday - Panchero's (new Mexican restaurant at Southpointe that we wanted to try out, it was good!)
Friday - Dish  (We went out with Tyler and Anslee and it was awesome!!  I loved being at a restaurant we would NOT ever take our kids to and just relaxing)
Saturday - We had a wedding, so ate at the wedding!  :)

Also, Paul and I went to see What to Expect When You're Expecting as part of our Friday night date and it was really good!  A must see for parents of little children or who have recently been pregant...well, it's a must see for any parent really! 

It was a great birthday month!  I think Paul felt like he needed to throw me a big party, to which I was enthusiastically telling him no!  I said my 30th bday event can be when we go to Minneapolis in June, and I can hit up the Mall of America!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment