1.04.2013

December Activities

The hilariousness that is these pictures is the attempt at a photo shoot when the kids were all dressed up in their Christmas outfits, before we went to see Santa at the Y.  I was by myself, so it was pretty much impossible to take the pictures, keep them sitting, and get them to look.  Especially because Brynlee was apparently very interested in the house across the street…

It was frustrating at the time, but super funny to look back at some of the images I got.  Oh my.

IMG_2643IMG_2646 (2)IMG_2648IMG_2644IMG_2645IMG_2642IMG_2650IMG_2651

This was my bribe to Grady, if he sat and looked at the camera he could take a picture after I was done…He did pretty good!  Smile

IMG_2653IMG_2654IMG_2656IMG_2647IMG_2655IMG_2649

And, this is what both of my kids look like when the go to see Santa….hands in mouths nervousness.  Grady wouldn’t even turn his body to look in Santa’s direction. 

IMG_2662IMG_2663

And, this is the best we got!  First, I forced Brynlee on his lap and quick jumped back to take the pic.  She was NOT pleased.  But, not kicking and screaming like her brother at that age…  Since I was by myself I couldn’t force Grady to stand there like I was planning on because he RAN AWAY!  Ugh.  Luckily, one of the Y staff kind of caught him and held him there for me to finish taking B’s picture.  Then lucky me.  I got to be in the Santa pic too!  At least Grady stood there nervous, but didn’t cry! 

IMG_2684IMG_2666

We never went back to see Santa, but I was wondering how Grady would have done by the end of the season when we had talked about Santa so much and had our own elf, Conley, come to visit every day! Can’t wait for next years’ pic! 

On December 15, we got to go to the Bless the Baby Jesus Mass at Cathedral with Bishop Conley (who are elf on the shelf was named after…).  Cassie and her boys, and Ashley came with me and the kids.  Ashley got some awesome pics of our baby Jesus’ being blessed! 

IMG_2709IMG_2705IMG_2707IMG_2706IMG_2708

Then, the cookie’s and milk afterwards was the biggest hit, of course! 

IMG_2712

After that, we headed to Joey’s graduation party!  (Paul’s brother graduated from UNL.)

IMG_2713IMG_2714IMG_2717

We headed back to our house to play and hang out all afternoon, and a little shopping by the girls.  Then, headed to eat supper at Culver’s.  Nice little festive Saturday!  Smile

IMG_2722IMG_2723

We had a SNOW DAY on December 20th!  It was fun to be home with the family, but it was a real bummer because it was supposed to be Grady’s preschool Christmas program!  We were so excited to see it and all of the grandparents were planning to come into town for it and couldn’t come!  But, we made the best of the day and played in the snow, watched movies, and finished some Christmas wrapping (mostly by Grady!).  Smile

IMG_2770IMG_2771IMG_2774IMG_2779IMG_2769IMG_2773IMG_2778

No comments:

Post a Comment