4.09.2012

A Day at the BIG Zoo!

We took our first trip to the Omaha Zoo on Friday!  It was great!  A little cool in the morning right when we got there, but we went to the Jungle and then the Aquarium so we were warm inside the buildings.  We didn't even get to half of the things, but we figured we would be back again in the Spring/Summer.  :)

Our favorite part, the train!





It was Opening Day for the Royals!  How much better can it get??  :)


The newly remodeled aquarium is pretty cool!  Brynlee thought it was so fun to stand there and try to push on the fish!  :) 



We saw 2 baby giraffe that were born last week!



I think this pic is hilarious because he was trying to take a picture of me, but had the camera facing himself.  haha!  Didn't turn out too bad, just not what we wanted!  :)






Yes, she refuses to keep bows in her hair..ugh.  Well, she does fine with them for awhile until after she notices. Then it is NOT going to stay in if she can help it! 






Can't wait for many more trips! AND, the Lincoln Zoo opens this week!!  Hurray!  The long wait from winter is finally over!  We have been telling Gradyn for months that we can do LOTS of things after Brynlee's birthday, well, those things are finally coming true!  (The Zoo, baseball games, the park, etc.)

Paul's funny of the day at the Zoo: 
I had packed a lunch of PB&J sandwiches that we were eating (which, I was super proud of myself for doing, not usually like us :) )  and I was commenting on how many great ideas I was getting for other lunch ideas from all of the people around us.  I saw some families had brought Subway, Lunchables, HyVee meals, KFC, etc.  Basically all of it made our PB&J seem like dirt.  :)  But, it was Good Friday, we couldn't eat meat anyway and were fasting....
Anyway, Paul says to me, "It's like Pinterest in real time."
I about fell out of y chair because of the brilliance.  And almost immediately texted Becky to share with her what I knew she would appreciate.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment